Matty’s New Year’s Eve project: a firepit for the backyard.
- 46 blocks from the rumble stone line at Home Depot
- 5 bags of red lava rock
- 2 bags of crushed limestone (Leftover from fence project. Keep limestone away from direct contact with fire.)
- Landscape block adhesive
- Shovels, picks, rake, wheelbarrow, and level
- Lay out a third of the stones in a circle for placement
- Mark the outer edge all the way around
- Remove stones and dig out the circle to a depth of a stone’s height
- We have dense clay soil, so we used the limestone mixed in with some dirt to help place and level the stones. Use a level to check that they are pretty even all around
- Use the landscape block adhesive and place the next layer on top. Repeat for the final layer. We chose to offset the layers.
- Fill in the center with the lava rock
- Enjoy a toasty warm fire in your back yard!